Everything you need to know about the 2023 NHL playoffs, tiebreakers, best matchups and more
0 of 3
Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
With a week to go until the 2022-23 NHL regular season, there's still a lot to decide.
Three of the four divisions are still up for grabs.
We only know of one first-round playoff matchup (Toronto vs. Tampa Bay), with the other seven still to be determined.
Three of the four wild-card spots are still up for grabs, with seven teams competing for those spots.
Starting Monday morning, we'll take you through all the important info you need to know about possible matchups, possible dream matchups, Stanley Cup odds and tiebreaker scenarios.
This is what the East looks like
1 / 3
Steve Babineau/NHLI via Getty Images
This is what the Eastern Conference playoffs look like now
Atlantic 1 (Nr. 1 Samen):Boston Bruins vs.Wildcard 2:new york islanders
Atlantic 2:Toronto Maple Leafs vs.Atlantic 3:Tampa Bay Blitz
Big city 1:Carolina Hurricanes vs.Wildcard 1:florida panthers
Big City 2:New Jersey Devils vs.Big City 3:new york rangers
What's left to win?
Metropolitan Division:The Carolina Hurricanes lead the New Jersey Devils by one point.
The Carolina Hurricanes are down at the wrong time of the year, jeopardizing their dominance in the Metropolitan Division. The Devils start the week just one point behind the Hurricanes as Carolina continues to struggle without Max Pacioretty and Andrei Svechnikov. The good news for Carolina is that two of their final three games will be against Ottawa and Detroit, two non-playoff teams.
The New York Rangers also remained lurking, trailing the Hurricanes by three and the Devils by two. Any of these three teams could end up with No. 1 in the Mets and draw the first wild card in the first round, while the other two teams would finish No. 2 and Meet in the third-ranked match.
Two wildcard points:The New York Islanders and Florida Panthers are within one point of Pittsburgh.
It's essentially a three-team contest for the two wild-card spots in the Eastern Conference, with the Florida Panthers, New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins within a point overall.
The Panthers and Islanders are in control of their own playoff fortunes, and just avoiding a single regular-season loss (or two overtime losses) will secure a playoff berth. A 2-0 or 1-0-1 record puts them in the playoffs.
The Penguins have to win their remaining two games and hope New York or Florida lose one game in the regular season (or both in overtime). Their record of 16 consecutive seasons reaching the playoffs is in jeopardy.
Buffalo is still mathematically active in the game, but the Sabers not only need to win their remaining four games, they need two games from New York, Florida or Pittsburgh to finish with a score below 93.
The most important tiebreaker in the NHL is a rule win, which is bad news for Pittsburgh and Buffalo in the wild-card race. Neither New York nor Florida can win a tie-break due to the number of games remaining.
Starting Monday, the Devils will hold the tiebreaker in the Metropolitan Division with more regular wins over the Hurricanes and Rangers.
1. New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils.For most of the season, it looked likely to be No. 2 vs. No. 3 in the Metropolitan Division, a series of games between two bitter rivals. Aside from the competitive aspect, this will also be an incredible hockey game between two of the best and most talented teams in the league. The speed of the Devils may cause some problems for the Rangers, but the Rangers undoubtedly have the best goalkeeper of the game (Igor Ssterkin).
2. New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders.It takes a lot of time to get this game, but it's worth it. The Rangers must win their remaining two games, the Devils and Hurricanes must lose all of their remaining regular-season games, and the Islanders must secure the wild-card top spot. It's been a long road. But it could still be on the table. The competitive factor will be even more intense than the Rangers-Warriors game. Devil, but hockey probably won't be that good. However, it will be an elite goalie matchup between Islanders Shesterkin and Ilya Sorokin.
3. Boston Bruins and Florida Panthers.It will be a potential duel between the two Presidential Trophy winners, with contrasting styles. The Bruins are the best defensive team in the league with two goalies in the starting lineup. The Panthers can't defend at all, with zero good goaltenders, but they have one of the top offenses in the league. It also pits two of the biggest upsets in the league (Brad Marchand and Matthew Tkachuk) against each other. Chaos will rule the day.
4. Toronto Maple Leafs gegen Tampa Bay Lightning.It's cheating because it's the only matchup that's been set, so we know it's going to happen. It's a repeat of last year's first round, with plenty of superstar talent and plenty of storylines on both sides of the rink. The Chargers continue their quest to reach their fourth straight Stanley Cup Final. The Maple Leafs are trying to avoid an unprecedented seven straight first-round eliminations. The plot will be great.
This is what the Western Union looks like
Michael Martin/NHLI via Getty Images
This is the Western Conference playoff picture right now
Center 1:Colorado Avalanche vs.Wildcard 2:seattle siren
Center 2:dallas star vs.Central 3:minnesota wild
Pacific 1 (first overall):Vegas Golden Knights vs.Wildcard 2:winnipeg jets
Pacific 2:Edmonton Oilers vs.pacific oceanDo3：los angeles kings
What's left to win?
core part:Colorado, Dallas and Minnesota are still in contention, with the Avalanche leading Dallas by 2 and Minnesota by 4.
There is a four-point difference between the first team (Colorado) and the third team (Minnesota), with each team having three games. All three teams performed well, but the defending Stanley Cup champion Avalanche still leads the way.
Pacific Division:Las Vegas leads Edmonton by two.
The Las Vegas Golden Knights bounce back from a disappointing 2021-22 season to win the Pacific Division title and potentially be the No. 1 pick in the entire Western Conference. But the Oilers are only two points behind, thanks to improved depth and a historic season from MVP leader Conor McDavid.
Second wildcard:Winnipeg still leads Calgary by one point, while Nashville is still waiting.
The Winnipeg Jets looked like a playoff ban for most of the season, but they allowed Calgary and Nashville to play. The Flames have been one of the most disappointing teams in the league this season, but they still have a chance to pass Winnipeg and make the playoffs. Nashville exceeded all expectations, overcoming serious injury problems and a sold-out overtime game to give itself a chance.
Winnipeg will have a tiebreaker with Calgary and Nashville in the playoffs, as they have 34 regular-season victories that neither the Flames nor the Predators can match. Nashville still has a chance to beat Calgary in the tiebreaker.
In Central Division play, Dallas currently has two regular-season wins over Colorado and three wins over Minnesota.
Edmonton (44 regular wins) will comfortably win the Pacific Division tiebreaker against Vegas (36 regular wins).
1. Edmonton Oilers vs. Calgary Flames.How can you not want to see it? Alberta first round? This will be perfect. The Oilers must pass Vegas for first place in the Pacific Division, while Calgary must move ahead of Winnipeg for the second wild card spot. The Flames have a good chance to close out their equation, but Edmonton still has some way to go to keep their finish.
2. Vegas Golden Knights vs. Los Angeles Kings.The intrigue here is that Jonathan Quick, now a member of the Las Vegas Golden Knights, is likely to take over the team for which he has won two Stanley Cups and is a franchise icon. The revenge factor here is going to be high.
3. Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild.Speaking of the revenge factor, Ryan Suter spent nine years with the Minnesota Wild after signing a massive free-agent deal ahead of the 2012-13 season. But he was bought out after the 2020-21 season, and the Wild still paid him over the $6 million cap this season as part of that buyout. John Klingberg, on the other hand, is now in the wild after leading the Dallas defense for eight seasons.
Stanley Cup Final Preview
3 of 3
- Boston Bruins +350
- Colorado-Lawne +650
- Edmonton Oilers +800
- Toronto Maple Leafs +900
- Carolina Hurricanes +1100
- New York Rangers +1200
- New Jersey Devils +1200
- Vegas Golden Knights +1300
- Tampa Bay Lightning +1400
- Dallas-Stern +1500
- Los Angeles Kings +2200
- Minnesota Wild +2200
- Florida Panther +3500
- Winnipeg Jets +3500
- Seattle Clark +4000
- New York Islanders +5000
- Pittsburgh Penguins +6000
- Calgary Flames +6000
- Nashville Raiders +20000
- Bison Saber +40000
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images
Which team has home field advantage?
Simply put, they will be the team with the best record in the regular season. The Boston Bruins, the only team we know of with home-court advantage over any opponent, not only won the President's Trophy with the league's best record, but also set an NHL record for wins in a single season.
Which team is most likely to win the game?
considerdraft king, the favorites to win the Stanley Cup are as follows:
1. Edmonton Oilers vs. Toronto Maple Leafs.This will be the greatest superstar power in the NHL and the extremely exciting sport of ice hockey. Connor McDavid vs. Austin Matthews. The Maple Leafs are looking to win their first title since 1967 and potentially end their Stanley Cup loss. In pursuit of his first title, McDavid puts the perfect ribbon on a historic feat. This is very realistic when you consider where the two teams are in the table and how good they are.
2. Boston Bruins vs. Colorado Avalanche.Arguably the two best teams in the league. The defending Stanley Cup champions are hoping for a repeat, with Boston looking to win the Stanley Cup after setting a single-season win record and possibly sending Patrice Bergeron over the top.
3. Vegas Golden Knights vs. Buffalo Sabres。A lot of crazy things had to happen for that to happen, most notably Buffalo somehow sneaking into the playoffs and then having an unlikely playoff run, but let me leave you with the idea. Jack Eichel competes with the Buffalo Sabers for the Stanley Cup. The chances of that happening are slim, but it fits with the wishlist theme.
4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Minnesota Wild.Another improbable and improbable possibility, but also potentially interesting for the same reasons as Buffalo and Vegas. Here's the matchup: Three-time champion Marc-Andre Fleury of Pittsburgh against his former team.
5. Calgary Flames gegen Florida Panthers。Perhaps least likely since neither team has been eliminated from the playoffs and both teams will need incredible winning streaks, but we're going to factor in revenge and have Matthew Tkachuk play against Calgary His old club.
6. Tampa Bay Lightning gegen Colorado Avalanche.We haven't been to the Stanley Cup Finals in a few years since Pittsburgh and Detroit met in 2008 and 2009, but this will be impressive. Colorado is looking for a second straight championship and Tampa Bay is trying to establish itself as an all-time great, seeking a fourth straight Stanley Cup final and a possible third title in four years.
7. Boston Bruins and Edmonton Oilers.The NHL's top two scorers with 60 goals this season (Conor McDavid and David Pastrak) go head-to-head. It will also be exciting to see Patrice Bergeron trying to beat McDavid in a best-of-seven series.
8. New York Rangers vs. Edmonton Oilers.Igor Shesterkin and Adam Fox vs. Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl will be an impressive drama.
9. Toronto Maple Leafs gegen Colorado Avalanche.It's going to be a really fun, fast-paced, well-rated series. Both teams have great attacking skills, but neither team has great goalkeeping skills. Open the scoreboard.
10. New Jersey Devils vs. Colorado Avalanche.We rewind the clock to the late 1990s and early 2000s, when these two teams were at the top of the NHL. Jack Hughes, Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar will be massive star power.
*Odds, odds and bets are regularly updated and subject to change. 21+ (19+ CA-ONT) (18+ NH/WY). Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Los Angeles (some communities), Maryland, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio only State, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, California. Eligibility restrictions apply. Please refer to the terms belowdraftkings.com/sportsbook. DraftKings operates under an operating agreement with iGaming Ontario. Please play responsibly.
Gambling problem? Crisis counseling and referral services are available by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537).
- The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
- The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins"). ...
- The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout.
The structure of the playoffs is as follows: The division winner with the most points in each conference will face the second Wild Card team in the first round. The division winner with fewer points in each conference will match up with the top Wild Card team in the first round.What is the longest streak without winning a playoff series NHL? ›
The Buffalo Sabres have the longest active drought for missing the playoffs at 11 consecutive seasons. It is also a league record.How many teams make NHL playoffs 2023? ›
Sixteen teams qualified for the 2023 NHL Playoffs while 16 other teams are beginning the offseason early.What breaks a tie in NHL standings? ›
If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: 1. The greater number of games won in regulation, which, exclude games won in overtime or by shootout. This figure is reflected in the RW column in expanded NHL standings.What NHL team has been penalized the most in 2023? ›
|Tampa Bay Lightning||2022-23||25.5|
Connor Bedard, the projected No. 1 pick in the 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft, is in his third season with Regina of the Western Hockey League. The 17-year-old center, No.How are the NHL playoffs structured? ›
There are 10 days left in the regular season and the races in each of the four divisions are tight. The top three teams in each of the four divisions and the next two highest-place finishers in each conference reach the playoffs.Are all NHL playoff rounds best of 7? ›
All four rounds of the playoffs remained as best-of-seven series, and the first two rounds of the playoffs featured intra-divisional matchups similar to the division-based formats previously used. The four division champions were reseeded based on regular season point total in the Stanley Cup Semifinals.Who has the longest streak without missing a game in the NHL? ›
Brent Burns, pictured with the San Jose Sharks in 2016, has not missed a game since 2013. Glenn Hall, the only goaltender to accomplish the feat, played 502 consecutive games between 1955 and 1962.
Alec Connell, playing for the Ottawa Senators in the 1927-28 season, holds the all-time records for consecutive shutouts (six) and shutout streak (460:49).What is the best winning streak in NHL history? ›
The Edmonton Oilers have the longest active winning streak of regular season games at 8 straight games. The streak started in the 2023 season with a win over the Arizona Coyotes. The most recent win was over the Colorado Avalanche.Has any team come back from 3 0 in NHL playoffs? ›
National Hockey League
Four NHL teams have overcome 3–0 deficits, only one of which occurred in the Stanley Cup Finals. Three comebacks were completed with game 7 on road ice, while one was completed on home ice. Only time in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Successful comebacks. NHL teams have overcome 3–1 deficits 31 times, the most recent instance being accomplished by the New York Rangers during the 2022 Stanley Cup playoffs. The Rangers, the Vancouver Canucks, and the Montreal Canadiens are tied with the most successful 3-1 series comebacks in the NHL, with 3.How many teams have come back from 3 0 in NHL playoffs? ›
In NHL history, 190 teams have trailed in a playoff series by three games to none. Four of those teams rallied to win the series.What is the most profitable NHL team? ›
The latest ranking reported that the New York Rangers is the most valuable NHL franchise after the 2021–22 NHL season.How do NHL playoff tiebreakers work? ›
If the score remains tied after three periods, the game goes to overtime. Overtime is a five-minute period where the first team to score wins the game. The overtime period is played three-on-three, with each team having three skaters on the ice.Did the NHL ever end in a tie? ›
Today marks the seventh anniversary of the final tie game in League history -- April 4, 2004. It was a wild game, one that saw the Hurricanes take a 4-0 first-period lead, followed by six straight by the Panthers that put Florida up 6-4 four minutes into the third period.What is the rarest penalty in hockey? ›
One of the rarest plays in hockey is the penalty shot. A penalty shot awarded in overtime is even rarer. Scoring on an overtime penalty shot is even rarer.Has the NHL ever banned a player? ›
Billy Coutu was the first, and to date only, player banned from the NHL for life for violence in 1927; he assaulted referee Jerry Laflamme and tackled referee Billy Bell before starting a bench-clearing brawl during a Stanley Cup game between the Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators, apparently on the orders of Bruins ...
|Team||Stanley Cup Odds|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||+900|
Odds and relative value will vary slightly depending on the sportsbook you use, but one thing is clear: the Bruins are the overwhelming frontrunners to make it out of the Eastern Conference and hoist the Stanley Cup.Who did Gretzky predict to win Stanley Cup? ›
Calgary is an interesting matchup, because I think both teams were built for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I like St. Louis because I like their metal with O'Reilly and Brayden Schenn, I'm picking them for the Stanley Cup Finals. My pick to win the Stanley Cup this year is the Carolina Hurricanes.Who has the best chance to win the Stanley Cup 2023? ›
In Stanley Cup betting odds at DraftKings, the Boston Bruins +350 are favored to win the 2023 Stanley Cup. The Colorado Avalanche +650 and Edmonton Oilers +800 round out the top three betting choices. They're followed by the Toronto Maple Leafs +900 and Carolina Hurricanes +1200 in current Stanley Cup odds.How do they decide who plays who in the NHL playoffs? ›
The top three teams in each division automatically qualify for the playoffs. Each conference has two wild-card spots. The top division winner in each conference will play the second wild card team, and the other division winner will play the first wild card team.When did NHL go to 82 games? ›
Since the 1995–96 season, each team in the NHL plays 82 regular season games, 41 each of home and road.Who is eliminated from NHL playoffs? ›
Penguins eliminated from NHL playoffs, ending the longest postseason streak of the four major sports leagues. It had to end sometime, and it finally did on April 12, 2023.Has there ever been a perfect playoff run in the NHL? ›
Montreal, in the process, became the last Cup winners in NHL history to go perfect in the playoffs to date.Has there ever been a playoffs without a Game 7? ›
There have been twelve playoff seasons in which no game sevens were played: 1947, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1967, 1972, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, and 1999.What is the most important game in a 7 game series NHL? ›
It is simply a fact, that there are more possible outcomes of a series score after game four than after any other game. More often than not, game four decides whether the series is going to close, or if it's going to be won rather easily by a particular team.
- New York Rangers. 1943-44. 10/30/1943. ...
- Columbus Blue Jackets. 2015-16. 10/09/2015. ...
- Montréal Canadiens. 1938-39. 11/06/1938. ...
- Chicago Blackhawks. 1947-48. 10/15/1947. ...
- Washington Capitals. 1983-84. 10/06/1983. ...
- Chicago Blackhawks. 1997-98. ...
- New York Americans. 1939-40. ...
- Chicago Blackhawks. 1967-68.
McDavid is the first player with at least 100 points in 53 or fewer games since the Pittsburgh Penguins duo of Mario Lemieux (126) and Jaromir Jagr (101) did it in 1995-96. Entering the night with 96 points, McDavid had one goal and three assists.Has anyone won the Stanley Cup in 16 games? ›
Since the expansion of each playoff round to seven games in 1987, none have swept all four rounds to hoist the Cup in 16 games, nor have any skated in four Game 7s using all 28 possible games.What is the best 30 game start in NHL history? ›
The best start through 30 games in National Hockey League (NHL) history is 52 points by the San Jose Sharks (USA) to begin the 2008-09 season. The Sharks won 25 games to equal the record set by the Boston Bruins (USA) in 1929-30 for most victories in the first 30 games of the season.What is the best start in NHL history? ›
The best start by a team in NHL history is by the Ottawa Senators (Canada) with 26 points in the first 14 games of the 2007-08 season. The Senators started the season with a 13-1 record.Who has the most hat tricks in NHL history? ›
Wayne Gretzky has gotten the most career hat tricks, with 50 hat tricks.Who has the most hat tricks in one game NHL? ›
The Montreal Canadiens have posted the most hat tricks by a team in a game, with 4 hat tricks against the Quebec Bulldogs on March 3, 1920.What is the highest scoring game in NHL? ›
1985: The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks play one of the wildest games in modern NHL history, combining for 21 goals on 90 shots in Edmonton's 12-9 victory at Chicago Stadium.What is the biggest comeback in Stanley Cup history? ›
1942 Final Toronto Versus Detroit
What is still considered the biggest comeback in the history of hockey, or any sport for that matter, is the 1942 Stanley Cup Finals. In an amazing comeback, Toronto won the championship after being behind, with the score three to zero at the start of the fourth game.
No one has ever gone 16–0 in the playoffs. There have been a few 8–0 back when the cup was decided in 2 rounds. Also a 12–1 when they moved to three rounds. The best team in recent history is the kings in 11–12 going 16–4 and the record for best playoffs is 16–2 by the 87–88 oilers.
The biggest comeback in MLB playoff history occurred in the 2001 World Series. The New York Yankees were down 0-2 in the series against the Arizona Diamondbacks. They won the next three games to take a 3-2 lead in the series. However, the Diamondbacks won the next two games to force a seventh and final game.What team did Gretzky finish with? ›
Gretzky ended his professional playing career with the New York Rangers, where he played his final three seasons and helped the team reach the Eastern Conference Finals in 1997.Has any NHL team come back from 2 0? ›
1971 MONTREAL CANADIENS
Down 2-0 against Chicago, Montreal managed to storm their way back into the series and took home another Cup in seven games. The series proved to be the last of Jean Béliveau's illustrious career, as he announced ahead of Game 7 that it would be his last. Talk about some extra incentive to win!
Five teams have never reached the Stanley Cup Finals, with the oldest of them being the Winnipeg Jets/Arizona Coyotes franchise (41 seasons). Toronto's active 54-season drought from the Finals is the longest in NHL history.Has a team ever went 0 2 and made playoffs? ›
The numbers tell the story. Since the 12-team playoffs began in 1990, 265 teams began a season 0-2. Only 30 of those teams advanced to the postseason (11.3%), showcasing how hard it is for 0-2 teams to make the playoffs.How many times has Doc Rivers blown a 3 1 lead? ›
It's only actually happened 13 times in NBA history — meaning about 23% of them belong to Rivers.Has an NHL team ever played 3 games in a row? ›
Though it's unusual for an NHL team to be playing three games in three days, Detroit coach Jeff Blashill has done it before in the American Hockey League and has developed an approach to this odd circumstance.How many points is a win tie in NHL? ›
Hockey - NHL Current: Teams receive 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie, and 1 for an overtime loss. Teams are ordered by points, then wins, then losses (ascending), then by games played (ascending), and then goal differential.What percentage of NHL games end in a tie? ›
Ties in the NHL make up 9.6% of all results. Of course, that number will continue to decrease since ties have not been a part of the league since shootouts were introduced for the 2005-06 season.How many points is an NHL tie? ›
Points are given to a team for a win (2 points), as well as a tie (1 point). In the National Hockey League, when a game advances to overtime, both teams earn 1 point as in a tie. Each team then has the opportunity to earn 1 additional point by winning the game, either in overtime or a shootout.
For a long time, a tie game was quite common to see at the professional level, but the NHL wanted to make sure that there was a winner and loser each and every game so they changed the way the game was structured; the tie in now a thing of the past. At the NHL level of hockey, a game cannot end in a tie.How often do Favourites win in hockey? ›
When the NHL sportsbooks price up the host as favorites their success rate has been 60.88% and when the team on the road are favorites then the success rate is 59.27% meaning there is not a great difference between the two.What happens if two NHL teams tie? ›
If still tied, the total number of all wins is used and, if still tied after that, the edge will go to the team that accumulated more points in the head-to-head matchup against the team they're tied with.Has there ever been a 0 0 tie in NHL? ›
1949: The Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers stage one of the best goaltending duels in NHL history when Bill Durnan of the Canadiens and Chuck Rayner of the Rangers match saves for 60 minutes in a 0-0 tie at the Forum.How many 0 0 NHL games are there? ›
Since its inception in 2005, there have been 25 times that a team has won a scoreless game by virtue of the shootout -- an average of 3.57 times per season. To put this in perspective, there are 2,460 regular season games played each year.Has there ever been a double digit hockey game? ›
They gave up double-digit goals seven times. And on Jan. 23, 1944, the Rangers visited the Red Wings and turned in what still stands as the worst performance in NHL history. The Wings scored two in the first, five in the second, and then poured it on with eight more in the third for a total of 15 goals on the night.What happens if nobody scores in overtime hockey? ›
If there are no goals scored in the overtime period, then the game does still does not end in a tie, but, instead, it goes to what is called a shootout. A shootout in hockey is when each team gets to select three players who each get an opportunity to take a breakaway chance at the goaltender.What do the 3 numbers mean in hockey? ›
The three numbers represented are Wins-Losses-OT, for example 20-10-3, which translates to 20 wins, 10 losses, and 3 overtime/shootout losses.What does G mean in hockey? ›
G. Goals. A goal is awarded to the last player on the scoring team to touch the puck prior to the puck entering the net.What does P mean in NHL standings? ›
P or PTS – Points – Scoring points, calculated as the sum of G and A. S - Shots on Goal - Total number of shots taken on net in the current season. PN - Penalties - Number of penalties the player has been assessed.
Thirteen goaltenders have scored a total of sixteen goals in National Hockey League (NHL) games. A goalkeeper can score by either shooting the puck into the net, or being awarded the goal as the last player on his team to touch the puck when an opponent scored an own goal.